Thursday, August 13, 2009

My very cool Esprit skirt



I think my first post included this skirt- but the outfit was one of those that felt cool in the morning, then, as the day wore on, felt icky. Does that ever happen to you?

Today's ensemble feels better. I put on a striped Gap shirt that I hacked the neck out of. (seeing a pattern? I hate crew neck...I always hack 'em) I used the belt I got at the thrift store last week, wore the cheapie studded gladiators and lots of jewelry.


I always wear the turquoise cuff- it's permanent regardless of the outfit. I've been wearing it for about 10 years now. On the other wrist is my turquoise necklace- the one I made and wear at least 3 times a week. Turquoise is expensive, but if you find good looking beads, just string them- it doesn't take any real talent, the stones do all the work.


On my neck is my Possible NY necklace I won- I posted about it here. My mom gave me some hoops that match.

Ok, back to real life. I have some serious room cleaning to do. My kids are as messy as I am. Speaking of the little monsters- one wanted to be on the blog today. I kinda thought I wouldn't do this, but I couldn't resist appeasing her.

This is Violet- who's usually dressed as a ballerina with a Unicorn horn or something. She's got style, for sure. Though, I actually try to keep my kids in utilitarian stuff-no elaborate outfits. I feel like they should be kids right now, not accessories to me. That being said, when they get older, they will be free to express themselves as they please, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful! And what a great stylish example you are for her!

    http://la-rue-neuve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, gorgeous pictures, beautiful daughter. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like anything near my neck either. I have to get deeper crew necks or I'll keep yanking at it during the day. I also do that to turtlenecks but I have several in my closet... Weird... I like your skirt! because it has pockets... :) And your daughter is very cute!! She probably gets her style from you!! You stylish mama!!!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do that everyday, unfortunately. either i wear something that's so wild that midday i'm like... what was i thinking?? or i'm just in jeans and a tshirt and feel like a slob.

    i'd trade lives with you for a day. you seem pretty fabulous!! ;)

    and violet's beautiful! this is really random, but i love that name for a girl.

    http://www.rocknrollgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete