Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Half off day at the thrift store!!

Today I hopped over the thrift shop and was pleasantly surprised.

I spent about $8:


And got some interesting things. Suits and dresses were 50 cents, tops and bottoms, accessories, and shoes were a quarter. I'm more inclined to take a chance on something when its 25 cents, so, I loaded up.

I scored some leopard print jeans. Not that I'd necessarily wear them with this blouse, but, I was kinda feeling it, so I snapped a shot.


I got some wool men's trousers that I thought I'd try rolled up with heels. (I may have to hem them, regardless)


A wonderfully soft blazer (I wasn't wearing anything under it, but I will) that I thought could be cool with jeans or black shorts and my dream booties (that I'll get someday?).



This shirt is sort of tie dyed, I guess, but has a great shape. The photos are atrocious, I'm afraid. It's much cuter in person. I got the big leather bag, as well. Nice and slouchy and in decent shape.


Snagged some little metallic sandals with kitten heels.


There are a few suits to play with, a great old black leather belt with a huge buckle, a couple dresses, a silk blouse, etc. A garbage bag full!

My biggest frustration is my foot size! There were at least 3 or 4 pairs of good shoes that were of course TOO SMALL. (I'm a 9) Like a pair of cream leather boots in friggin' size 8. Of course.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you got some great finds! I'm IN LOVE with those leopard pants and actually like them quite a bit with that shirt. It gives them such a kicked-back casual vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Now I'm all inspired to wear these with other patterns. My friends already think I'm nuts, but it's ok, I've always been the one to wear something different. I dig me. :)

    ReplyDelete