Sunday, August 9, 2009

Great weekend, with a few great outfits

This weekend was our 12th wedding anniversary, so, we were out and about a bit. This provided me some real reasons to get dressed!

On Saturday, I came up with this combo-


My thrifted blazer, a tank from Delias, some distressed jeans from TJ Maxx and my Anne Klein sandals. The scarf is vintage. I'm still not sure about this scarf thing- maybe I'm just more of a necklace person? It's one of those things I love on other people, but struggle to get it right on me. This scarf, though, is a no-brainer. It's my absolute favorite. It once belonged to some old Vaudeville actress- we went to an estate sale when I was little at this woman's house. My mom bought all the scarves and hats she could find! Where are they all now? Well- I was a kid. This scarf and the red and blue one I wear are the only remaining scarves that survived my years of dressing up. And the hats...well, we moved a lot, and....who knows.

I gave Matt a choice of things for me to wear on our dinner date. He chose this white eyelet dress I thrifted a few weeks ago. It's pretty cute- not real fashion forward or anything, but I like it. The photo is one of my worse ones, but you get the idea. We went to a lovely little cafe in Placerville, CA called Heyday Cafe. Very good! We like supporting local business!


Today we were out and about and I sort of remixed a dress that's been collecting dust in my closet. It's a wrap dress, that I actually bought new (gasp), but I did only pay $12 for it at Stein Mart! It usually ties around the waist and is sort oh ho-hum. So, I added my big fat belt and liked it much better. Whats even cooler is the fact that I took a decent photo! Sheesh! One in a million that's not blurry or grainy!!!

1 comment:

  1. You've got some great looks going on here! That thrifted blazer looks awesome!
    BTW, those cream boots sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete