Saturday, August 15, 2009

I knew I could make the ugly dress work!


This is the dress I thifted yesterday in my fit of crankiness. It had these yucky sleeves, and a dowdy look to it, upon getting it home I had total buyers remorse.

To make it worse, I cut it. I wanted it shorter, but I rushed it and cut it WAY too short. Like- cheerleader skirt-short. I was so mad at myself.

So this morning, I was on the phone, screwing around and haphazardly re-sewed on the section I cut off. Then, on a whim, cut the sleeves off. I figured I'd probably have to throw it out anyway. Well- I came up with this:


And I'm quite please. It's sort of tiered, now- not well, mind you. But, it's so busy it looks fine, to me. I layered it over a sheer grey tank top I bought at Target like, 7 years ago or something. I belted it, and put on my gladiators and am feeling pretty good about it! It's like pajamas! And I was just weirdly attracted to it's rosey pattern.


I think a jean jacket and some motorcycle boots would be cool, too- if I still had my old boots!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my WORD! That's like night and day!!! WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still may make it shorter- if I can figured it out since I botched the crop the first time!

    ReplyDelete