Monday, August 10, 2009

A few white summery re-mixes

Ugh....the heat is back. I'm sort of over summer at this point. But I'm making the best of it!

I have this skirt I paid a lot for a few years ago. (A lot, for me, being in the $50 range) It's from J Jill, and it's a prairie skirt. It's also now too big for me. So it sits in the back of the closet, making me feel bad for the $50-some dollars I spent on it.

Well, no more. I dragged it out today and threw it on with a belt! I like it!!


And I decided to pull out my hubbys' favorite sandals. I also dropped $50 on these a few years back. I think I only had 1 or 2 kids when I bought them. They've been neglected since I couldn't walk and hold a baby wearing these. But they are all walking reliably now, so, I'll give 'em another chance. The brand name is Rebels? I got them at Nordstrom.

My necklace was made by me, back when my mom and I sold jewelry at the local farmers market. This one didn't sell, and I'm so glad. I don't have any long necklace, so, while it's made to be worn like this:


I opened it up and only wore one loop! Play with your jewelry, you just never know.

This got me thinking of a similar garment that gets a TON of attention. This great little petticoat-inspired dress I bought a JC Penneys last year. It's one of there American Living brand. I love this dress. I put it on in one of the ways I like to wear it- with boots and some chunky leather stuff. Yes, I'm wearing two belts. TWO. Why the heck not?


My necklace is another one that didn't sell from those jewelry-making days. This is locally mined Serpentine. Yes, otherwise known as Asbestos- but, not dangerous in this form. I could say something super lame like "but it's lethally cool", but I won't. That would reveal what a dork I actually am.


Lastly, I must mention that no one looks as cool as my moms rooster, Elvis. Man, that dudes got confidence. Oh, and he's free to anyone who wants him. Especially the hearing impaired.

3 comments:

  1. They're both great looks. I love the skirt as a dress. I'm always horrified to try this for fear that I will be flashing everyone all day long. I also love your jewelry. My mom and I have made similar pieces in the past. You should open an etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first look the best! I love the dress! And the teal necklace is such a nice touch. =clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt worn as a dress totally works. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete