Friday, August 7, 2009

The Return of the Pin-up skirt


I found this skirt at Buffalo Exchange in Berkeley when I was a Junior in high School. It was a glorious shopping moment. I couldn't wear it to school- I went to private school and a mini skirt with semi-naked girls on it wasn't going to fly. I wore it out a lot, and always received a lot of attention for it. (especially from boys)

Back then I mostly wore it with a suede bustier. Nowadays, that seems a bit much for my style. Plus, I need a little distraction from my utter lack of a waist. I'm a size 4, but, I'm just boy shaped, so I have to manage that a bit. I got gams, though. :)


I put it on with a graphic T-shirt I got at a Garage sale, my favorite denim jacket and my lace up boots. I think it kind of works. I know my husband will agree. My mom will probably still disapprove, but, that's ok. I've got 3 kids, mom, the damage is done!

Heres a close up of the bag I got for next to nothing the other day. It's beat, but I like it.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you styled it here! It looks casual but sexy. I wouldn't know how to wear the skirt! And your bag is awesome!! Sometimes beat-up bags look better...they have character in my opinion! clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag sat at the thrift store for weeks- it took the reduction down to 25 cents to get me to buy it. I'm glad I did. Sometimes just getting something out of the thrift store helps you see them for what they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag and you do have gams! Great gams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bag is awesome, especially since you got it for almost nothing :) love how you tied the scarf on it too!

    - jen

    ReplyDelete