Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More blazer fun, and an ode to my favorite shirt.

So, you don't want to see my outfit today.

Yesterday was full of white-water rafting with the kids. We are lucky to live near the American River, that tumbles out of the Sierras within miles of our house. We are even luckier to personally know river guides who put together a cool little end-of-summer trip for my friends and our collective 12 kids. He's even the kids' bus driver (small town). So, I'm a bit sore and pooped.

The other night, when Matt was playing photographer, I made up a few outfits involving thrifted blazers.

I came up with this one. The blazer is vintage, I think- Sergio Valente!!! Its got a nice linen texture to it, and a dainty cut. So of course, I had to mix it with things that were totally different.


I already had the denim pencil skirt on from the green blazer outfit, but then I threw on this tie-dye shirt and a belt. The shoes came from my friend who got them passed down from her sister-in-law. Community shoes, really.

The shirt? Oh the shirt....


When I used to sell jewelry at the Peoples Mountain Market up here in the hills, my booth was next to a lady who sold such wonderful shirts. Her and her husband actually made shirts for the Grateful Dead in the 70's! They were so detailed and wonderfully dyed- no rainbows or blotchiness. Pure art.


She gave me a killer deal on this shirt- I think it was $12. I wore it a few times and remembered how much I hate t-shirt necks, so, I cut the neck out. Now it gets worn bi-weekly, at least. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. I really love the shirt as well. It's perfection! Do they still sell them? Maybe online? I would love to get one (or two or three or four lol)!

    And community clothes and shoes are the best. I just gave a dress to my cousin that was given to me by a co-worker. Recycling at its best!

    http://la-rue-neuve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. She stopped coming to the market- i heard something about the building where they made the shirts getting taken away from them? It's been a few years since I've seen her around. I'll try to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome outfit! Love the tie-dye with the blazer.

    ReplyDelete