Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Love the pieces, don't love the execution here.

Ok, so I'm not actually wearing this today- I'm sunburned from the weekend and have no idea what to put on that wont make me itch.

Sometimes you make wring choices and it takes a picture to reveal that.

Matt took these pictures of me last week- I was feeling supremely cute. That is, until I saw the pictures. I love, love this shirt- which is a thrifted Wrangler shirt. It's super soft, impossible to wrinkle and seems impervious to dirt of any kind. Its a great length, too. I've worn it with lots of things- especially slouchy rolled up jeans and the same belt I'm wearing here.


I bought these denim-look leggings off eBay last month and fell in love with them. It's been too hot to wear them, though, so I jumped at the opportunity to pair them with this shirt and belt.


The belt is from Target. I sort of like it- not totally, just sort of. I think it's the buckles that bug me. Too shiny for me.

I think this outfit is just "ok". With my body type, I think I have to be careful with leggings. I try to keep myself balanced, since I have no hips, no waist, no bust.

And I'd like some high heeled booties with this. Hmm...I'll have to remix this whole thing. Love the pieces, though. And thanks to my wonderful man for his camera skills.

Feel free to input, you won't hurt my feelings, trust me.

3 comments:

  1. Carolyn, you are gorgeous! Thank you for your response to my latest post. You should have all the confidence in the world! I love, love, love that shirt so much! I think that a thinner braided leather belt would look awesome with this combination and I can't wait to see you rework it with heeled booties! And major props to the husband, because these are some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this shirt is too short for you with leggings. I think mid-thigh length shirts would work great here and then have it belted to create the hour-glass figure. Just my two cents. Otherwise I think that's a nice plaid shirt and I reaaaaally love your belt! I've started to love belts more and more. It just hurts my wallet :( And my husband takes my pictures too!! Hahah they should all be experts by the time we're through... ;)
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good input!!! I agree with you guys. Live and learn- or, wear and learn, I suppose!!

    It's actually no fun being without hips. (or, realistically without a waist, I guess) But, I can fit into a lot of things, no worries at the thrift store!!

    I'm searching for thrifted booties since I have zero money right now (schools starting, property taxes coming...ugh). May the thrift gods be with me.

    ReplyDelete