Thursday, August 20, 2009

Todays outfit- wardrobe assistance from my 3 year old.

Today has been another hot day without much going on. It's sort of strange having two of my kids in school-having only one kid home during the day is nice. I got lots of house-wifery done that I was procrastinating on, and got to have a nice little sit-down lunch with her. She even helped me pick my clothes for the day.

Scarlet rummaged through my tank top drawer and decided to pull out the nautical tank top I thrifted then chopped last month, and I agreed.

I started it with my thrifted green linen blazer, just for giggles, but got too hot after a while and had to ditch it.

The shorts are Levi's cut-off I made earlier in the summer. The shoes are my Anne Klein sandals- I love them. My gypsy earrings and tiny bead necklaces are also happening today.


I think I found a place to take pictures that would allow me to get better shots- IF I can get the self-timer to focus!!!

Mr. Jesse was also helping me with these pictures:

ETA:

I'm adding to this post. I like this shirt a lot- but it just DOENS'T look good on me. As you could see from my swimsuit shots, I...uh...don't have much of a waist. I never have, even at 15! I'm cool with it, but I have to be careful to not emphasize my lack of hips. And lack of bust.

Anyway- I've been watching a silly amount of What Not to Wear and one bit of advice keeps popping into my head- "Don't cover your crotch- it ruins the leg-line".

Point taken.


I chopped the tank- and I think (though I was posing weird) it IS much better. Maybe Stacy and Keaton know what they're talking about? (though I'm sure they wouldn't approve of my $2 weekly budget on clothing)

Coincidentally, I also chopped my bangs- though I thought I wanted to wear them longer- I just couldn't stand them in my eyes.

5 comments:

  1. I think the blazer looks really great with the colors in this top. Also, the photos are coming out really clear in the new picture location. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- I don't really dig the vinyl-siding background (however wonderful the siding is), but it's worth it for shots where you can actually see patterns. I'm still hoping for a prettier close up spot. I've got all these cedars all over, but no good places to take pictures all by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I want to say that I really want your jacket. I may have to sneak by and take it when you're not looking :). And second, your daughter has STYLE! Love the nautical tank. I agree that it looks better cropped.

    P.S. I love your hair.

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete