Friday, August 14, 2009

Completely cranky. I'll admit it.

No reason. Just cranky. I suspect my freaking hormones have something to do with it.

Took the kids into town (an hour away) for a doctors appointment, then lunch with daddy. We swung into the Salvation Army on the way home. This sounds funny, but it's usually too expensive for me to go there. There really is nothing under $3 and dresses are sometimes $10. To me, thats stretching it for used items.

But today is their 50% off sale! So, I gave it a shot. I was shocked that I spent $19- way over my weekly thrifting budget. To top it off, I got home and I'm second guessing my choices.

I bought two blazers that were on the dollar rack. One is thin, boxy, black linen. The other is a funny sort of denim with a funky button.

I bought 3 dresses. One, I feel was an excellent choice. The other is adorable and the other was a risk.

The first one fits like a glove, seems to be in perfect condition and will carry me into fall. The photo blows- you can't see the potential at all. (i'm cranky) It has these great big pockets on the sides, and some very cute, not frumpy pleats. It's very 80's inspired by 40's. (as opposed to just 80's)


The second. (growls) Completely cute. Fits me like a glove everywhere EXCEPT my stupid waist. The thing nearly bi-sects me. I'm not sure what to do. It's too freaking cute. Here's some webcam shots of it:
One with it untied...you can see the problem.

One with it tied. You can still see the problem.



I'm not ready to admit its too small- usually when the waist is too tight, it's too tight in the arms, the bust, etc. But its not!! It fits so cute. I'll see if my mom ca alter it somehow.

The third is made of cotton interlock- super soft. Very late 80's. I may have had a teacher who wore this. We'll see if I can make it work.


So, now I'm having coffee and biscotti and the kids are relatively quiet. I'm trying to un-crank myself.

I supposed if any of my readers are size 4-ish (like I am) but don't have a size 6 waist (like me)- I'd be willing to pass along the blue dress for karmas sake.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Poor sweetie. I hope you find a way to keep the blue dress. It's really beautiful. Maybe your Mom could add discrete elastic panels on the sides or something. Tricky. I would volunteer to take it, but I would look sickly in that blue, with my olive coloring. I really adore the dress in pic #1 as well though, so either way, you scored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty cocky when shopping. I'm the opposite of most girls who shop and think "hmmm....I wonder if that would look good- oh, I don't know..." I sort of charge in like I'm a model and just pick what I want. I'm not a model- and sometimes, this backfires on me a bit!! But, it's all fun, anyway.

    ReplyDelete