Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A day at the river- transformed into...

something I could actually wear to dinner?

I'll admit I've had an attitude about the whole crisp-white-shirt-thing. I just have found them stiff and fussy and too business-like for my style. But, I keep seeing so many cute ways to add them into a wardrobe, I had to get one to try it.

So, today, on my weekly visit to my local thrift gold mine, I found one. I also picked up a nice little black leather belt and a great brown leather bag!

I got home from the river (I had to change out of the red skirt/dress once I got invited to go to the river - it doens't work with my bathingsuit), and started to try things on.

I was pleasantly surprised at how the white shirt changed what I was already wearing!! i was wearing this:


under this:
(a grubby dirt-friendly dress from Kohls I only wear camping, or for yard work)

Add the white shirt, though, and a belt and you have this:


Ok- I'm impressed! I think this shirt will see a lot of use. I spent $2.98 total on the bag, the shirt, the belt and a wonderfully worn mens flannel for fall. All paid for with change I found on the floor of my car- as per usual.

And by the way, I love my bathing suit. Thank you, Gap, for making me the perfect suit. I live in this thing, living so close to rivers and lakes.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what the white shirt did for that dress and you are looking mighty fine in that swimsuit! I totally don't have the brass to post a swimsuit pic of myself!

    What makes the white oxford so great? You have to think of it more along lines of "wearing your man friend's work shirt because you have nothing else." Waaaay sexier some boring staple of business attire. You're rockin' it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in an office and sometimes I feel like I must be allergic to the white shirt. I can do buttons, I iron, I even handwash, but something about a white shirt is just way to pure for me. You wear it well though!

    ReplyDelete