Monday, August 31, 2009

Todays outfit- Vintage denim jumper!


Ok, it's breezy, so I paired this recent find with tights and found myself loving the results! I found this jumper at a thrift store about a half an hour away. It was pants- but, yikes, it wasn't flattering. I hacked the legs off, as I am prone to doing.

Its funny, I thought I still had grey cotton tights- my favorite. But, I guess I finally got rid of them- they were full of holes. Anyone know where to get nubby cotton tights? I can't live without them. They've been the basis of many a fall and winter outfit since I was 15.

I wore this totally non-trendy blouse to give this outfit a bit of maturity.

The tights were too much, so I ended up taking off the tights and putting on my newly thrifted oxfords instead.


I have to be honest with myself- I love this little jumper. It's soft as can be, and on-trend, or, was this summer. But, it doesn't really suit me. I take a lot of chances on thrift clothes, but since I'm over 3o, I have to be careful to choose things that work for me. The things that don't, well- I can pass on. If anyone loves this jumper- which is probably a size 4 or 2- I will sell it for $10 (postage paid in continental US). I may start an Etsy store with all the finds I come across that DON'T fit or work on me due to my body type or my elderly state. (lol....I'm 32) More pictures available if you are interested!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I totally don't think you should give it up - I think it looks great on you. But if you really don't want it, I am definitely interested...

    http://la-rue-neuve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christen, I'll shoot you an email about the jumper. It's cute, but in these posed pictures you're not seeing how much I have to suck in to make this work!! I think someone with a waist could do more justice to it!

    ReplyDelete