Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two ways to do this dress

I tend to like what I like. When thrifting, I grab anything that catches my eye, despite the shape, cut or even size.

This dress jumped out at me- I love toile in home decor, so why not wear it, right? I got it at the Goodwill, grumbling at having to pay a ghastly amount of money for it ($5, I think....gasp!), but was glad to own it, anyway.

I have numerous ideas of how to wear this- especially when it turns cooler and layering can happen comfortably. I see boots, assorted jackets, tights, etc.

For now, it's still too warm to do much over this or under it. I do love the full skirt and the blousy top.

The easiest way to wear it is all alone, which I don't have pictured (more on my stupid camera below). But the next way is belted with a summery jacket.


Here I tried it with my vintage bamboo belt and my Born t-straps. The blazer, though it was too hot to put on, is actually seersucker. It's 3/4 length sleeve and was thrifted as my usual place for the usual price of a quarter. A good investment, I think- now I just need cooler weather to use it in.

Next, I paired the dress with tougher accessories. My thrifted 80's belt, that I use at least 3 times a week, my cheapie Wal Mart gladiators that I wear ad-nauseum, and my ripped-up, patched up vintage jacket. The sunglasses are Ralph Lauren, bought at Nordstrom rack for $26.


I am currently trying to find a better way to take my pictures that will show the clothes better. I struggle to get my camera to focus indoors, and outdoors it's fussy too. I'm working on it...

1 comment: