Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Refusing to wear shorts and a tank!

I put on leggings and a 3/4 length shirt today, it was a tad cool- at least in the morning, and I'm SO tired of shorts.

Luna Chix leggings from Nordstrom rack a few years back- no clue how much they were. The top is Old Navy, from a few years ago, as well. Since this is essentially the laziest outfit in the world, I decided to wear my Anne Klein heeled sandals, just to look like I made an effort!


Add in my normal cuff bracelet, my beaded bangle and my trade bead necklace and you have me, on a lazy Tuesday morning.

I did do some playing around- I bought a belt at Ross on Monday and wanted to try it with this vintage black and white dress. I already had the leggings on, and was too lazy to take them off. But it's not really a bad thing- looks kind of cute. I think I may ask my mom to hem this dress- I think it would be more modern if it were knee length?
A word about my camera and my awful photos. My husband has now told me that he's going to teach me to use his Nikon D300. He's still appalled at my pictures! (frankly, he's right) I've been nervous to even touch his camera as it seems very heavy and complicated and, well, expensive. In the meantime I'm switching over to a different small camera for the next couple days- I hope it works better!!!

5 comments:

  1. The first outfit is just adorable! I can't imagine having a butt that would look cute in leggings, but you go girl!

    Hemming the dress sounds like a great idea. I bet it will really bring that special something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a butt anymore. I used to- but, it's gone now. :)

    The dress is so cute in person- it's cut really cute, but the pattern is so bold, it doesn't photograph well. It does have that "school teacher" look right now. I must amend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I went on a sewing rampage and shortened the dress already- a VERY good choice. I'm sure I'll wear it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your lazy look. Those shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first look is awesome. I wish I could pull off leggings as pants! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete