Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekly thift store trip!

My actual outfit today was sort of utilitarian because I was lead mom for the preschool co-op. This meant lots of moving around, lots of standing, the serious possibility of a paint apocalypse, etc. I didn't wear anything too notable, though, I had my normal bit of flair, I suppose.



Afterwards I went to my secret thrift store up here in no-man's land, and though I only had $2.67, I managed to put an outfit together, as well as get a shiny tank top, a great vintage blazer, some Gymboree leggings (which are a very good thing- fellow moms will understand) and a horrible looking plastic horse for Scarlet.

I was short by more than a dollar, and was about to put a few things back when the store owner said, "You're here every week, and you always take the stuff no one else wants- just take 'em." So I did!!!



I love, LOVE this neon pink silk blouse. It's wrinkly right now, but I'll fix it, I promise. I can't wait to mix this one with other things! Maybe leopard print pants? For sure jeans!!!


The skirt is wool, Evan Piccone. I love it- very classic. The shoes are the BCBG heels my sister in law gave me.

Editing to add shot of the red blazer I got today- which is a tad big, but it's great, regardless.

4 comments:

  1. I love your hair like that! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I can't believe you got all those from your thrift store!! So lucky. I love the pink blouse and your red blazer is amazing. it's okay if it's big. It gives it that nice boxy look that's in this year!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! That thrift shop rocks. Lovelovelove the red blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of it but ESPECIALLY the skirt!!! I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else. The shape is glorious!

    And how sweet of that man to give all of that to you! Such good clothing karma :)

    ReplyDelete