Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Jeans

I've been searching and searching thrift stores for good jeans and have com up short. Some times, you have to just put aside some money and actually buy. So, I planned a massive jean shopping trip with some friends to try on a myriad of them. Before that happened I found these Calvin Klein's at Costco for $24.99 and took a chance on them.

I'm pretty happy I did- they fit great and don't bug me one bit! Most jeans bother my waist- which is, after three ginormous pregnancies, quite squishy and sensitive. I hate stretch jeans, since they seem to walk off of you as you walk. Or at least thats what happens to me- probably a result of having no actual hips to hang on to.


These work! It was hot last night, so I wore a tiny-striped top I thrifted months ago, and tall white wedges. The scarf was an after-thought- and later, got wrapped around itself more like a belt. The scarf is thrifted also. Sorry about the picture- it totally sucks. I was rushing out the door, and this is all I could get.

Here's a better shot of my necklace that I made:

3 comments:

  1. Great jeans and I love them with the sleeveless tee! You're rockin' this look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great look. And that necklace is completely awesome. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather like that picture! Also, I have hips for days and stretch jeans do the same thing. Rather than feeling like they're fall off, they get saggy in the butt and thigh. But, I wear them anyway. I just wanted you to know you're not alone. ;)

    Your new jeans are adorable! My current faves (and I have too many) are 1969 Premium jeans from The Gap. Yes, they're in the $60 range. But that is doable for me. Plus The Gap can be good with coupons, if you keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete