Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Todays outfit- Purple dress and denim jacket

Big mistake on outfit planning today.

In normal California fashion, the weather switched from hot summer to cold autumn today. As though someone snapped their fingers! Bam! Freezing!!

I thought wearing a long sleeved dress and a denim jacket would be fine! But I froze on a field trip to Apple Hill. This after weeks of complaining about the inability to wear my new(read: thrifted)blazers and pants. I totally could have rocked something had I know it would have been that cold!!!


Oh well. The dress is thrifted (duh), but I know for a fact its from Marketplace India, a wonderful site that's sales directly benefit women in India. I love the clothes they have- and though, thrifting one of their pieces, doesn't really help anyone except me, it does make me want to purchase more directly from them. They have some really cool dresses and blouses.

Thrifted denim jacket, cheapie Wal Mart gladiators. Freaking freezing cold outside- I'm going in now to wear something sensible. I wish I had a Snuggy. (no- I don't, actually.)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Cute dress! Thanks for the link! Thank you also for clarifying that you don't truly wish for a snuggy. We would have to revoke "fashionista" from your title. (I have no idea who this imperial "we" I refer to is.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I've never heard about that site. I"ll have to check it out. You're totally rocking the "summer" look here although you're probably freezing in that pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just mad I didn't wear jeans, boots and an awesome coat or something. That would have been really fun! It was about 50 degrees- I was a Popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally wish I had a snuggy! I would never be seen in public with it but I am cold all the time.

    And weather aside, I think this outfit is really well put together. That dress looks fab on you. It's very similar to a purple dress + denim jacket combo I put together. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats right! I really should have taken off the jacket for one picture- the dress is really cute up top- all embroidered through the bodice. The long sleeves hang really well- a great boho dress.

    ReplyDelete