Thursday, September 17, 2009

Monday night outfit- trying a maxi!

So, I'm in a massive hurry today- have to get my mom to a biopsy, actually (good vibes a dn prayers appreciated), so, not photo this morning. I forgot that Matt took a picture of me on our way to dinner the other night.


My sister in law Mandee, also bought me this dress for my birthday (which was in June, she forgot to get it to me!), so I wore it out the other night. I don't usually choose long dresses because I'm mildly short (5' 4") and mildly smallish (135 pounds...small if you're in you 30's and have 3 kids....), and the length usually swallows me.

But, I love this dress- it's very soft- a sort of woven fabric. I wore some of the tall shoes she gave me to get the hem off the ground! I also belted it, since I couldn't resist mixing my favorite belt with this!

SOrt of a horrible picture- but you get the idea, right? I'll post properly later!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! The belt and the denim jacket give the outfit just the right edge.

    I'm sending lots of prayers and good wishes for your mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Good luck to you mother - hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh supercute! Man, I am pretty deathly afraid of Maxis and I'm 5'7". I don't know, I just worry that I'll look dumpy. But you look adorable! Maybe I should try one of those cheap ones at Target... They don't look right in the office though, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would depend on the maxi, Emily- if it were a hippy-dippy one, then, no. But, if it would be a sleek grey or black one that you could put a blazer over it, then, that'd be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white maxi dress with the denim. It's just so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete