Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Todays OTHER outfit- vintage floral dress

Art class looming over me in my congested state, I decided to don something a tad more creative this afternoon!


I found this dress at the Salvation Army and fell in love with the flowers. It was too long, though- terribly matronly and just plain too big. So, I took in the waist, and hemmed it by lots of inches. I like the result- it's still a bit large through the bust and hips, but I kind of like the effect. I thought I'd wear a belt with this- but the back has this sort of bustle-thing that I didn't want to obscure! (hard to see in the photo- if you click on the photo, it's easier to see)


I'm so mad, though- these are my favorite tights- grey fishnets, I think they're DKNY? They have a hole in them! I'm so mad. Anyone know if you can repair them? Stitch them or something? Ugh. I'm pissed.

The shoes I bought at like, Kohls or something last year.

3 comments:

  1. Very 1940s siren! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floral print! And you look beautiful in these pictures!

    I don't know about fixing tights - but I have seen gray fishnets in several places at decent prices lately. I really love mine too so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete