Sunday, September 20, 2009

More clothing karma!!!

Last night at an Equinox celebration, the women from our community did a massive clothing swap. I didn't expect to get anything myself- but I did donate a huge basket of stuff. I figured I had so much I'd thrifted and not used, I'd pass them on. I sifted through the piles and found a few things, but was trying to be extremely picky, so as not to get greedy!

My hands landed of cotton rayon...black....a leg? With ties at the ankle? I pulled until the rest came out. High waist? Gathering at the hips...could these be...Harem pants? In MY size?


I scored. (and what a classic weird-Carolyn face I'm making, lol!)

And I last week I found this scarf I'd been missing in the dress up bin at out preschool co-op. (oops!) So, I paired it with the pants for a super cool outfit on an unfortunately warm day.

I can't wait to try these pants with heels or a long sleeve blouse I don't own yet. And the scarf...I'll have to Google some instructions on how all you ladies do the scarf thing. I only know how to wrap it on my head, or tie it at the neck.


I love the top of these pants, but can't remember the term that describes this style? The v-front? What is it called? I LOVED it in 1990- had lots, and lots of skirts with this. (where are they now?)

3 comments: