Monday, September 14, 2009

Todays outfit- Art Teacher?

I think I can get through this post without some sort of rant about being broke, feeling sorry for myself, or generally bringing my readers down!!

Today I went to my son and daughter elementary school to teach art. I've been doing this for a few years- our school district, like many others, no longer has money for Art, at all! So, I go up about twice a month and teach K-5 art. And I LOVE it!

My sister in law visited from New Jersey this weekend, and brought me some shoes that she couldn't wear due to an allergy she has. I totally scored! I will have to take a picture of the PILE of shoes she brought me. My favorites are these:


BCBG black patent heels. I love them! And they just what I needed for fall!


Also on me are my Gap jeans I bought after losing baby weight a few years ago. I wish they had a higher rise- then they'd be almost perfect. The blouse is my favorite J Jill blouse, the velvet vest is thrifted, and the wool blazer is also thrifted. The necklace is my old stand-by that I made myself.



Do I look responsible enough to teach? I think so. My feet hurt by 2pm, as I'm not used to non-comfort heels, but it was worth it!

Onemore shot of me in front of one of my paintings...just to prove I DO paint. I may not get paid for my non-commissioned stuff...yet....but I'm an artist.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your painting. You are definitely an artist.

    And your outfit is so perfect for fall! The fashion gods must have heard your prayers for inspiration - all those free shoes should provide you with some!

    You look awesome. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfit and the red jacket....so simple so great...really nice

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is divine! And I think the most depressing thing you've ever said on your blog is that your kids' school doesn't have art. So, so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, fun! And I don't think you complain too much on your blog. You're just telling it like it is. More bloggers should keep it real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shoes AND painting!!! What a worthwhile way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! LOVE the blazer and the shoes! TeachHUB is hosting a best dressed teacher contest! I think you should enter... The winner gets $100 gift card to the store of her choice!

    http://www.teachhub.com/discussions/blogs/cat/16/item/280

    ReplyDelete