Friday, September 11, 2009

Todays outfit- Hippy top and heels

I'm so out of motivation and inspiration, it's ridiculous.

I'll admit it- I'm doing the "woe is me" thing. I'm tired of the stuff I have. I can't seem to put anything together that looks like anything. It's been that sort of week. I've been busy and tired- I can't seem to get a good picture of myself. Boo-hoo.

Every year, I go and buy basics for myself- whether it be new jeans, a new jean and shoes, or some other combination of things. But I buy as high a quality as I can afford- I usually have about $500 to spend. (usually a compilation of birthday money) This always injects my wardrobe with the base of good things that fit perfectly, allowing me to thrift the rest.

But this year- that didn't happen. There has been no money. (hence starting this blog about dressing on zero funds)But, I'm lacking basics again. The last time I bought nice separates, I was more than a size or two larger than I am now. I need some separates to help me work in the thrifted and vintage pieces I have. Or, at least I think I do. Maybe I'm just depressed? Maybe this is the pity-party of the year at my house?

Maybe I should stop watching What not to Wear. (I keep thinking how awesome I would do with $5000- I wouldn't need anyones advice, so long as I had the money to buy well)


Ok, anyway- today I threw this top on- thrifted, of course. I love it, but I'm not sure if it is good on me, or if I should care since I'm not really going anywhere today, anyway. The shorts are my cut off Levis, and I added the heels to keep it all from looking too hokey. I could wear Birkenstocks with this- but that would be something else entirely that I'm trying to get away from. (not that I'm NOT a hippy, but the hippy look is something I'm sort of over)


Don't worry, I'll get chipper again. I know something will come along and inspire me and everything will be cool again!

6 comments:

  1. The hippy look can never be over! Boho-chic forever!

    Heh, but seriously, the annual $500 basics purchases are very necessary. Can't you like... I don't know, sell an organ or something? Maybe rent a child out to a lonely elderly person? (Again with the kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could rent out a child....for labor or something like that... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh being broke sucks so bad. And I'm sure it's even harder with three kids. But you are such an incredibly creative person - I am sure you will overcome this wardrobe slump very soon!

    I really love this look on you though. The heels are the perfect touch. And your body shape works so well with oversized tops and fitted bottoms.

    I got the romper in the mail today and it fits SO well! I canNOT wait to style it up. So, thank you. Seriously, it was so incredibly generous of you - especially considering I am a relative stranger. I will definitely feature you on my blog when I post the pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I cannot believe it got there so quickly! I got to the post office last thursday in a crazy hurry, waited in line for like, 10 minutes, and realized I wrote the address wrong! Then I went away for the weekend, and didn't get it mailed until Tuesday!!!

    I just felt like I wanted to give it away instead of sell it- and I enjoy your blog- so, enjoy it!

    I'm sorry my blog is so lame right now- I promise better things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this look....everything works...the colourful tee with the shorts and gladiator sandals....love it :)

    Laura xxx

    http://sideshow-scrapbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete