Friday, September 18, 2009

Todays outfit- mulching and herding chickens

This is what one wears whilst doing these things.


But the pants are cool- more or my extended Thai Fisherman pants collection. I heart them. These are my favorite pair. They are raspberry colored with tiny pinstripes.
The tank is old- from Old Navy. And the necklace is the Possible New York necklace I won from Sugar Rock Catwalk!
Ok, the shoes...not so practical. I may have worn boots. Shut up.

I'm super tired after getting home late last night from band practice. "What?" you ask? (although you didn't ask...I'll go on) I'm totally stoke to get to sing with a group that does music for big parties and soiree's. They do mostly oldies and folk- stuff everyone knows, but they do it very well, and sometimes with a twist. It's a basic band: 2 guitars, bass, drums- but with an incredible guy that plays sax, flute and and clarinet. I'm there because I'm a master at harmonies! I have no desire to sing alone ever (hence dropping out of college as a voice major), but I love the richness of great harmonies on classic old songs like Peaceful, Easy Feeling, or even something fun like Wake Up Little Susie.

I know, you're thinking...."What a dork." But trust me- you'd sing along...you know the words....

(and I haven't even mentioned my love of all things Star Trek, have I?)

4 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! Wish I could here you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's all embrace our inner-dorks, shall we? I just did a post the other day about how despite being a lit major, I read nothing but crap now...comics, food books, Twilight, etc. CRAP. Know what else? I LOVE Star Trek...and Star Wars...and Lord of the Rings...and Dark Shadows...and...Murder She Wrote...and...I could go on, but I really will start to embarrass myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no- not another Twilighter....lol. (I'm a lit-snob who happens to love Twilight too- I don't care if it's a 4th grade reading level- I read it, I loved it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh. I love harmonizing too!

    Love the pants!

    ReplyDelete