Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Todays outfit- tiny floral dress and brown leather goodies

I have my drawing class tonight, in which I'm the second oldest person by probably 5 years. (the other woman in her thirties is 36, with 3 kids, divorced and trying to get her degree) The class is mostly comprised of college kids, half of which are just taking the class to fulfill the elective requirement, the other half are serious and beginning their education in art, as I am.
I feel sort of funny, though, I don't really stand out as OLD, or anything. I also don't wear pajama pants and a bra top to class. I do layer for class, as it's been hot outside, but the classroom is extremely cold. It's also a 5 hour class, ending at 10:30 pm- so, my body temperature shifts.

Today, I'm wearing this perfect, thrifted dress- I love how it's cut! It's just an old 90's dress- very similar to what I was wearing daily in high school. It's great, and I wear it a lot.

I'll tote the sweater with me tonight, to wear if I get cold. It a really simple little sweater I actually bought new- gasp- from Costco. (yep, I'm outed as a mom, now) It's made well, the tag says Kersh- whatever. It works.

The belt is my favorite belt of the year from Target- this thing really should come in black, too. I'm wearing it backwards today- so cute.

The boots are J Crew- thrifted J Crew, that is! I got them for $2.50!!! I'm not sure the pointy toe thing is current, but they have a classic feel, they fit perfectly and are made quite well.

I'm probably going to wear sandals right now, and save the boots for later when I actually go to class. This morning, I'm just doing homework, and then have to clean. Ugh.

Oh, yeah, I promise to put on some makeup and brush my hair before leaving hicksville for class tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! SUPERCUTE! Love it with the boots. Costco has good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome. And I still love my pointed-toe boots - I wear them all the time. I don't think they ever go out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah! I love this outfit - it shows off the incredible strong lines of your body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great outfit!! I really love the feel of that dress and that belt is so amazing. I'm so jealous! Love the intricate details! Have fun at your drawing class! That sounds like a lot of fun :)
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete