Friday, September 4, 2009

Some new finds to cheer me up

Though I don't look it in the shot! My computer is doing something weird- and won't load all the shots I took. My sister wold say in this picture, I have "the poop eyes", meaning, I look a bit strained. Well, my three year old was harassing me. But, I usually (and I'm outing myself, here, in my vanity) touch up my skin in these photos which is atrocious today for no good reason. Oh well. I have acne- for almost 20 years now. Awesome.

I got all this yesterday at my secret thrift store up here in the sticks. I fell for these super soft grey pants that have a very subtle herringbone pattern, and this little rayon shell, as well. The pin is actually something someone made for me out of some of my grandmothers buttons and costume jewelry. I feel bad, but I've never worn it, as I've never liked gold...or pins. But, I like it with this.

The flats....oh the flats- yes, from that same store for a dollar! Salvatore Ferragamo....ever heard of him? ;) I love the watermelon color of these, and the buttery leather!! And the price!!! Thrift Karma strikes again. Such beauty for those of us who can barely scrape by month to month. (uh-oh, the crankky is coming back)

7 comments:

  1. Ferragamos for $1?!?! Oh my goodness! They are soooooo pretty. Not gonna lie - I'm uber jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooohhhhhhh mmmmmyyyyyy!!! what a score!!! you definitely win the thrifting prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love your blog. nice shoes!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrifted Ferragamo......can't beat that! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have some really cute details, I'm sure I'll wear them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo those shoes! You are inspiring me to go thrifting, what an amazing find!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh wow I love Salvatone Ferragamo....I have a vintage bag of his - it's a very good italian make! Wow can't believe you picked them up for a dollar - huge Bargin!!!

    ReplyDelete