Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When somethings 25 cents...

You tend to not ask yourself too many questions about how it looks. If you're drawn to it- you grab it.

Or I do, at least.

This mu-mu, as my mom calls it has been at the thrift store for a while and today, I just couldn't leave without it.

It's fairly small, really- but a mu-mu, still. I can't help but be drawn to the giant pink and purple flowers against rich green and bright turquoise.

I belted it to give it a little structure and I think I would actually wear this this fall either with the boots I have on here or some other heeled shoe.

Should I crop it? Make it a blouse? Use it as a rag? I love some opinions. And don't be shy- I only paid a quarter.

5 comments:

  1. I love this dress--and I love your blog. It's so great how you can get so many awesome outfits from other people's cast offs. I love vintage fabric, so my vote would be, cut it off and make a tunic out of it and save the rest of the fabric for some other use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm all about the mu-mu in the summer--so comfy and breezy! i think you should keep it long and make sure you drink a mai tai each and every time you wear it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shorten it to about an inch above the knee and show your lovely legs. I think that length will be a good balance to the somewhat wide neckline, plus it will be more referential to the fun print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.....some great ideas. I'll wash it and play with it a bit, and show you what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie! Just found your blog! In my opinion, I see this a bit shorter. Either as a dress just above the knee or as a blouse. Either one would be seriously cute. Love that you thought to throw a belt into the mix :)

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete