Friday, October 9, 2009

Today's outfit- all dressed up with no where to go

I LOVE THIS OUTFIT. I'm not going anywhere, doing ANYTHING today, but I had to put this together.


I started with the pants- thrifted a few weeks ago. The belt I got over the summer- did I mention I love chain belts? I used to have this awesome pewter chain belt that was all shields and weapons. So badass!!! Why did I get rid of it!!


I added a ribbed black shirt I made out of a thrifted Limited dress- I hacked it this summer. Then, I couldn't leave this outfit like this- it needed another element...

So, I put on a jacket my niece gave me and felt suddenly inspired to make use of something that is destroyed.


I had this mink stole I got sometime in high school- and my kids have been playing with it for a few years now. It's held up fine until last week when I noticed this one lone mink laying on the floor. I was SO mad.

I'm making lemonade- taking this loan stole and attaching it to my jean jacket in a way that I think looks sort of haphazard and unplanned. I love the way the legs hang over my shoulder! (hope that doesn't gross anyone out...it IS real...but really old)

Now I just need somewhere cool to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment