Thursday, October 22, 2009

Todays outfit- Blue dress

Remember my post a few months back about this dress? (Probably not, but thats ok!)


(note the attached belt that I left untied for this lovely photo)

I was so disappointed when I got it home and realized how ridiculously small in the waist it was. Disproportionately small, even! Usually when something's THIS small in the waist, it's tiny in the shoulders and chest, too. It was perfect everywhere but in the waist.

A couple days ago I decided to take off the belt with the help of my trusty seam ripper. My mom and I thought maybe we could take out the waist gathers and give me an inch for my not-so-tiny middle.

Turns out, there were two big gathers under the belt that came out when I removed the belt, giving more than an inch!!!




I was totally stoked! It fits perfect! And I didn't have to dissemble the entire dress!

One thing that's kind of a bummer is the fact that this dress was obviously dyed. See? This was under the belt. Wearing a belt covers it- but I wish I didn't have to cover it. Do you think dying it would cover the white spots? I'd love this to be Navy blue, or grey!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you could make it work! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just checked back here and realized the horror of the first picture...what a way to open a post!!!

    Hey, at least I'm honest, right? I thought it was a good "before" shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress with the belt sweety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO GREAT!!! I was so hoping you would find a way to make it work. And you did! I think it would be a great dress in navy blue. Maybe it is time for some RIT...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good new about the fit! I have no experience with dye, but it looks great with a belt.

    www.spoilsofwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dye will def cover that up... I agree, you're so creative, I would LOVE to see what you'd do with some RIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow amazing fix :) looks great!

    ReplyDelete