Sunday, July 26, 2009

Still too hot. Some outfits...and some shoe dreaming

Really, this heat is ridiculous. I'd like one day under 90, please?

I think I've solved my camera issue- it was a white balance problem. Thanks to Matt, my husband for figuring it out!!

This was our test shot, thus proving that most of the time, I'm just bumming around in something I found on the floor of my closet. This is a thrifted Patagonia dress. I wear it all the time because it requires nothing- no bra, and no worries about getting dirty. I would imagine I'd be more style conscious on a daily basis if I lived in an urban setting or even a suburban setting. I could wear heels all the time. Very cool. That being said, I do love it up here. I'm not moving.


This morning, my mom took the kids and my husband and I got to go on a long run. We are training for a marathon in December, so, weekends will start including a longer mileage run from here on out.

After the run we got some lunch, so I threw this trapeze dress in my duffle. Its from Old Navy a few years back. I've been belting it because of my fear of maternity clothes.


I would say I over accesorized here. I didn't actually wear the necklace all day- I threw it on for these pictures. Then, upon inspection of the pictures realized it was too much. I like either the belt OR the necklace, but not both. The belt was $2.50 at Ross last week- I like it, but not necessarily with this dress. The necklace was made locally. My black gladiators are here again- they seem to have endless applications right now.

(and one shot withOUT the necklace)



I find myself dreaming of booties for fall (or now, really). I can't think of any other footwear that would stretch my clothes budget for fall. With a family of five, I really can't spend more than about $50 a month on clothes- more if I need new shoes or a coat. I am on the hunt for the perfect booties. I'm thinking of a color- red, if possible. I'd love a stacked heel. I'd love it if they were comfortable, as well.

Second place would be some brown wingtips. I can't find ANY online in any price range, it seems. I have my eyes open for vintage mens shoes. We'll see.

Tights! I need to replace my favorite tights. I think I will buy the same kind- nubby grey cotton. I just need to find some.

Spam me on shoes. Where are you buying them? If ou could only buy one pair, what would they be?

No comments:

Post a Comment