Thursday, July 30, 2009

The old blue dress

I've been wearing this dress since 1994 when I bought it in San Francisco. I've always received many compliments on it. I was told it was from the 1930's, and it could be. It's always been in excellent condition.


The last few years, I've been unsure what to wear under it, as it is crocheted and thus, totally see through. Tonight I took a chance and decided to try it.

I don't want it to look too precious, so, I wore my dangly gypsy earring I thrifted about 5 years ago, and my Born heels. The purse is vintage. I bought it up in the town I live at an antique store, then had a friend repair the very worn straps.


I wear the dress backwards. The real front has a quasi-collar of sorts with cute buttons, but the neckline is very awkward. It originally came with a shrug I unfortunately got rid of years and years ago.


Red lipstick as per usual. Hair was not cooperating, but, thats ok. It's just hair.

3 comments:

  1. love the lipstick! if you haven't already, please email us your address so we can ship your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ok, I will!!! Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete