Friday, July 24, 2009

Some MORE thift-goodies

Please excuse my lack of full-body shots. My camera hates me. I could get it to focus for my first few posts and now...it wont. It hates me.

So, anyway.


You saw the crazy green jumpsuit in the last post- a possibility. At least a possibility to be risky.

I got this awesome purple leather skirt at the Salvation Army yesterday. I was wearing this little short dress, and one of the employees was quite taken with me. I seem to attract men between 40 and 60 who don't have all their teeth. As a rule, don't "pop" into the thrift store on the way to dinner in heels- you'll get more attention than you want.

Anyway, about the skirt. The label says size 10- and I got all worried that it would be too big on my "small frame". Not that small.

Yeah, well, I should know better about old sizing. I've been buying vintage for years This thing is SOOO tight on my waist, but, thats ok. I still love it. I'm going to pair it with things to bring out a more casual side.


I made Matt take this picture of me in it late last night. I'd already gotten ready for bed- so, no makeup, and hair all put away for the evening. Our bedroom is...well...not quite perfect at the moment. Deal with it- keep your eyes on the cute skirt in the foreground!!

I got this dress at the Goodwill last week. I LOVE it!! I have tons of styling ideas for it. I tried a few but the pictures were all crap, of course. This was all I could get. It's a little weird around the waist. Or, perhaps it's me that weird around the waist. Anyway, it HAS to have a belt. I like it like this and with a black belt, denim jacket and black studded gladiators. VERY cute.

This next dress is sort of cool- a little too big. (aso happens to be red and white..)It's thrifted but not old- its from Dress Barn. I could pass it up for 50 cents. My cats like "Hmm...maybe with a padded bra?"


There are more, but I've got so much to do right now- I have to get a move on. Later...more later...

And todays outfit, complete with proof that our blower is broken and I should get off the computer and work on the yard.
And the outfit that wowed the old guy at the Salvation Army:

Vintage Skimmer I bought in New Hope, PA for my birthday. Pretty cute and ruffly.

No comments:

Post a Comment