Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A few goodies from the thrift store

I went in on a mad dash with $9 in change in my purse. I ended up spending about $4, though.

I got a purple striped blouse- super comfy! I think I can make it work- I just threw it on here with my fave belt.


I got this funky old nautical tank top that makes me look chubby in most of the full body shots I took, so, this is the only one I'll show you. I'm not sure I like it enough to keep it.

I did try tucking it into my jean skirt (which is a tad too big and bulky), belting it and adding my trade beads. Better, I think.


Not pictured (yet!) is a navy rayon jumpsuit (sleeveless, long pants) with little yellow triangles- pretty big on me. It's a size 12. Also, a pretty, pretty dress from Dress Barn, probably not very old, but a good choice. I picked up a seersucker 3/4 sleeve blazer. It's ok, we'll see. I got a navy belt and an olive suede belt as well as a little navy purse. You'll see, eventually. Right now I've got a bunch of people begging me for food.

5 comments:

  1. (Its so dorky that I comment on myself)

    I've decided I hate the tank top. Lame. Lame, lame, lame. Oh well- 25 cents down the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tank looks cute! i think if the neckline was deeper and arm holes were bigger, it would look a little better/more flattering.

    i miss good thrift shopping. good vintage/thrift in NY is hard to come by! it's always so picked over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i've been meaning to comment on your eyes. they're absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a pretty face. very striking.

    http://www.rocknrollgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh! I'm blushing!!

    I thought about cuttig this tank top- lowering the neck and the arm holes....

    ReplyDelete