Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The one dollar outfit


I'm not sure what the #$%& is wrong with my camera. It may just be the fact that I suck at photography.

Anyway, yesterday was a hot day with nothing really special going on. I did get my hair layered, that was cool- after these pictures where taken, though.

I decided on a thrifted skirt and thrifted JJill tank top. I started out with the belt, but got too hot eventually and took it off as well as my turquoise necklace. The necklace was one I made a few years ago with the intent to sell, but, could never go through with it. I love it too much.

Wore my Wal Mart shoes again. I should just lie and say they're from the mall or something, huh? I'm a terrible liar, though.

The shirt was probably a quarter, the skirt, fifty cents and the belt was about a quarter. One dollar fashion, folks.

4 comments:

  1. Although I will say that this blurry thing my camera is doing hides my sort of horrible complexion. Maybe I should stick with a bit of blur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am really enjoying your blogs. i think you are very witty and i always appreciate someone who can make fun of herself. i too struggle with the ideas of fashion and feminism. i am a young republican, feminist, fashionista. kind of hypocritical no? how can i work in the fashion industry when i firmly believe it objectifies women? but i do. and i love it. i love make up and bleaching my hair and handbags. but do high heels make us sexy or stupid? does actually being in love with a chloe handbag make me completely ridiculous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great questions. I struggle with this also. I go back and forth between being an anti-materialist minimalist and being an all out mall whore. It's no picnic.

    I tend to think of my love of fashion as an extension of my artistic nature. It seems most right-brained people have a sense of style that leads them to be a tad extravagant. I can't see getting dress as just putting protective fabric on. It has to be doing something- saying SOMETHING.

    And I think sensible heels are extremely smart. I'm a bit old to pull off 6 inch platforms with spike heels, but, for someone who doens't have to chase down 3 kids, I think they're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said! plus since i cant draw, paint, dance, or sing to save my life, i will have to resort to expressing myself through my clothes!

    ReplyDelete